Ask a Question
Climate change: facts
Human caused global warming (AGW) is a manufactured scare story unsupported by real science. It is promoted by interested parties, including scientists who depend on it for their funding and extreme environmental organisations whose agenda often incorporate world government by unelected and unaccountable bodies such as the UN.
Unfortunately, many in the media as well as politicians have failed to critically examine the claims of the alarmists. Science should be guided by observation, real world data and evidence, not a contrived consensus.
Here are some historical and scientific facts:
* Temperature changes in the past have far exceeded those in recent times in both rate and magnitude.
* The Roman and Mediaeval Warm periods were much warmer than today.
* In the past, temperature changes have not been driven by CO2. Ice cores from the Antarctic and Greenland going back 500,000 years show that CO2 increased in the atmosphere an average of 800 years after temperatures increased.
* It took only 23 years for the Mediaeval Warming to change into the Little Ice Age, which ended about 1850.
* The earth warmed at approximately the same rate from 1860-1880, 1910-1940 and 1975-1998. There were cooling periods between each warming period. Overall, there has been a slight warming trend since the earth recovered from The Little Ice Age.
* In the 1970s the alarmism was related to an imminent Ice Age. Some of the scientists promoting global cooling alarmism are now pursuing the man-made global warming agenda.
* The earth has not warmed since 1998 and the globe has been cooling this century, despite increasing atmospheric CO2. All climate models used by the alarmists show that the average world temperature should have increased.
* It has only been possible to accurately measure ocean temperatures since 2003 when the Argo buoys commenced operating. They show ocean temperatures have slightly declined.
* The rate of sea level rise is not accelerating and is not unusual.
The new environmental religion has no intellectual foundation and is essentially irrational and totalitarian in character. The proposition that climate does not and should not change is absurd.
J. HOLDER (DR)
Reprinted from AD2000 Vol 23 No 1 (February 2010), p. 14
|AD2000 Home | Article Index | Bookstore | About Us | Subscribe | Contact Us | Links|
Page design and automation by
Umbria Associates Pty Ltd © 2001-2004